Go to Design --> Edit Html and find these sentences. Now replace these sentences with your own welcome message. This templates is Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premiumbloggertemplates.com. Download this template and more premium blogger templates from Premiumbloggertemplates.com.

Pages

Lijit Search Wijit

Infolinks In Text Ads

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Taxi

Posted by Bv_Gurung On 1:10 AM No comments

Taxi All those thousands of cars in the above picture are Kathmandu taxis. At first sight I thought they would be demonstrating against the new fuel prices but it seems they were demonstrating about the meter checks being carried out by the Kathmandu Police. Meter tampering is very common here in Nepal and before I realised how widespread the practice was, I was always confused by the large difference of fares on the same route. Now I know and don't let any taxi driver cheat me. I pay 70 rupees between here and Thamel (the meter should read 60 to 65 rupees). I raise this to 100 rupees later in the evenings. Drivers frequently demand up to 400 rupees in busy times and 100 to 200 rupees at any time of the day. I refuse to pay and make them switch on the meters. If the drivers refuse to use the meters, I let them take me to wherever and give them what I think is a reasonable fare and then walk away leaving the drivers to protest. They can't do anything because if they attract the attention of nearby policemen, they will be in trouble for overcharging. Not all drivers cheat I should add. There are plenty of hardworking, honest, friendly drivers on the roads too.


TaxiIt's funny how things go. This works for me 100% of the time. If I carry visiting cards with me, nobody will ask for them. If I forget to carry any, people will always ask. This morning I had to go out to collect some photos. I was out collecting these in nearby Lazimpat for about 30 minutes. I completely forgot to take any visiting cards in my jacket pocket. During that short time I was asked twice for my card. I should have learned by now to carry a supply at all times. I have now put several in my jacket pocket. I should get on with some office work now.


Could you walk across that swingbridge Kat ?

0 comments:

Post a Comment